Friday, March 28, 2008

Back at DW

After our trip to DW being one of the highlights last year, everyone was in high spirits for DW number 2.
There were afew new additions to the car. One being Mick's new sat nav which although I have to admit was quite helpful, doesn't provide all the fun of being lost in the middle of the night like my map reading did!
Shob, Sarah, Mick and I were also joined by Leanna who I really hope enjoyed the day and I'm sure will someday complete the race!
Watching the four day event was very different from the straight through race. It felt strange to be leaving so early but mainly because I really enjoyed the day. All the paddlers did brilliantly and I hope our cheering helped a bit. A huge well done to Richard and Harriet for doing so well; you were amazing, especially with the weather being so horrible.
Thanks again to Mick, without whom none of us would even know what DW was, let alone get to see it ourselves. Thanks guys for a lovely day.
I really hope we have lots of people racing next year, my best wishes and luck go to everyone hoping to have a go.
Once again, a big well done and thankyou to everyone. It was a great day.
Beth x

No comments: