Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Surfing

As a change from our usual summer training, Shob and I joined Mick and Kath to go surfing in Saltburn. A slightly earlier start than I would have chosen after the GCSE results celebrations on Thursday began the day. The weather was fab and the good old camper got us there slowly but surely. Camping was pretty luxury compared to the Nationals the weekend before.
Saturdays surfing was really good, but the waves weren't that big so it involved quite alot of floating around. As my first surfing experience it was definitely alot of fun and very different from canoeing! Not the biggest surf you've ever seen on the Saturday, but clear blue skies anyway. Yes that is Jimmy in the orange wetsuit!

On Sunday the waves were a bit bigger, I went out on the single ski and was slightly alarmed by the waves coming at me. My morning involved alot of falling off! However I began to get the hang of it eventually and managed afew good rides. After a much needed sunbathing break, Mick and I took the double out when the waves started to get bigger. This was definitely the best surfing I did over the weekend, and other than a bit of falling off, we got lots of really fun rides.


The Trent seemed a bit dull after a weekend in the waves, hope I get the chance to surf again in the future. Thanks guys, Beth x

No comments: