Sunday, May 13, 2007

May Regatta

Saturday - My first race on Saturday was a K2 which I paddled with Alice. The heat was definitely the worst conditions of all the races I did over the weekend, the wind made it very wavey. However, it was nothing I hadn't seen before and Alice didn't seem to mind either! She was great to paddle with, really up for it and I hope she enjoyed it and will race again. We came 4th in our heat and final.
K1 wasn't bad either, I can't actually remember where I finnished in the final, 6th or something, it seems like ages ago. At least I didn't crack a hole in the bottom of the boat like Shob with her stones to weigh her boat down(sorry Shob!).
Sunday - The most memorable thing about Sunday was the rain, you'd think that canoeists wouldn't mind getting a bit wet but it does make paddling less appealing.
Thanks Sarah for probably the most fun race of the weekend - we finnished 6th in final 1.
So overall, the weather did not dampen spirits, thanks for the cakes Kath, they were fab as ever, hope you had a good birthday Mick.
Next weekend is Nottingham Marathon so cross your fingers and it will brighten up a bit :)...
Beth x

No comments: